We know that finding the right school environment for your child is an extremely important decision and that many of our applicants are going through the school search and application processes for the first time. Please know that the admissions team at EMS is here to guide you through the application process, and we invite you to connect with us before you begin. Set up a time to talk with us by using our contact form, calling 201-568-5566 ext. 7212, or emailing email@example.com.
Application Process for Grades 5–8
Complete the online application in Ravenna.
When you are ready to begin your application, you will need to log in to Ravenna or create an account if you are new to the platform. A $60 application fee is required to submit your application.
The requirement(s) listed below may be submitted in Ravenna after you submit the application form:
- Parent Questionnaire: Through your answers, the Admissions Committee will get to know your child and your family by learning about your child’s interests, your family’s culture and traditions, and your aspirations for your child. This information also allows us to personalize your admissions journey and ensure we address the topics most important to your family during the process.
- Confidential Teacher Recommendation: You’ll be asked to provide the name and email address of your child’s current teacher so we may seamlessly request and receive their recommendation through Ravenna’s teacher recommendation form.
- Student Statement (optional but recommended): Middle school applicants play an active role in the admissions process and have the opportunity, through the short essay form submitted through Ravenna, to tell the Admissions Committee about what interests them and what they are looking for in a middle school, as well as to share some of the academic work of which they are most proud.
Submit academic records.
Your child’s academic records/transcript must be sent from your current school directly to our admissions office (address below) or sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. For students enrolling at EMS, their current school must send final transcripts at the end of the current school year.
The Elisabeth Morrow School
Office of Admission
435 Lydecker Street
Englewood, NJ 07631
Submit official scores for the Independent School Entrance Exam.
Middle school applicants must take the Independent School Entrance Exam (ISEE) and submit their official scores. Other forms of standardized testing may also be accepted; if you have questions about testing requirements, please contact the Office of Admissions.
Arrange a student interview.
Middle school applicants are required to interview on campus with a member of the Morrow House faculty. These interviews allow us to get to know the applicant better and to learn more about their academic and social interests.
Arrange a family interview.
Informal and conversational, the family interview allows us to better understand your goals for your child’s education and to answer your questions.
After we have received your application and supporting documents, we will reach out to you to schedule a half-hour virtual appointment. We ask that all parents or legal guardians participate in the family interview.
Apply for financial aid. (optional)
Admission and tuition assistance decisions are made independently of each other, but the process happens simultaneously. Immediately upon completing the Ravenna application for admission, complete and submit the TADS School Portal Financial Aid Application with supporting documentation listed below:
- Household members’ most recently completed federal tax forms (personal and business-owned)
- W-2s from each job held by household members
- Most recent pay stub from each job held by household members
- Documents that establish the amount of additional monthly or yearly income you currently receive
- Additional documents may be required depending on your family’s circumstances
- Sept. 15 — TADS School Portal financial aid application for the next academic year becomes available.
- Jan. 9 — The financial aid application is due; applications may be filed even if taxes are not complete.
- April 15 — Final prior-year tax forms must be filed with TADS School Portal.
Applications received after the deadline will be considered on an individual basis. Please note that if you don’t receive financial aid in your child’s initial year, you will need to wait two years before applying again as it can be difficult to allocate financial aid in our budget once we have already committed support to families. We will strive to make exceptions in the event of any unforeseen hardships that result in a significant change in a family’s available income or assets.
Financial assistance decisions are awarded upon acceptance.
Review the decision notification in Ravenna.
Decisions will be posted to Ravenna on Tuesday, Feb. 14, 2023.
Families who have received an offer of enrollment must confirm their intent no later than noon on Friday, March 3, 2023. At that time, enrolling families pay a deposit to secure their child’s spot for the coming year.
After our regular decision deadline, we will continue to consider applicants on a rolling basis. Families who apply during the rolling admissions period will be required to reply within two weeks of their acceptance. If you applied for financial aid, you will receive notification of your financial aid award at the time of admission via email.
Admitted families will receive a separate communication from our web-based enrollment partner, TADS, with instructions for completing the enrollment process at The Elisabeth Morrow School.
Families are required to complete both the enrollment and billing contract as well as pay an enrollment deposit by the deadline indicated on their acceptance letter in order to officially enroll.
Not ready to apply yet?
We’d love to answer any questions you have about EMS. Let us know if you’d like us to contact you.
We also invite you to keep exploring: