We know that finding the right school environment for your child is an extremely important decision and that many of our applicants are going through the school search and application processes for the first time. Please know that the admissions team at EMS is here to guide you through the application process, and we invite you to connect with us before you begin. Set up a time to talk with us by using our contact form, calling 201-568-5566 ext. 7212, or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Process for Grade 1
Complete the online application in Ravenna.
When you are ready to begin your application, you will need to log in to Ravenna or create an account if you are new to the platform. A $60 application fee is required to submit your application.
The requirement listed below may be submitted in Ravenna after you submit the application form:
- Parent Questionnaire: Through your answers, the Admissions Committee will get to know your child and your family by learning about your child’s interests, your family’s culture and traditions, and your aspirations for your child. This information also allows us to personalize your admissions journey and ensure we address the topics most important to your family during the process.
- Confidential Teacher Recommendation: You’ll be asked to provide the name and email address of your child’s current teacher so we may seamlessly request and receive their recommendation through Ravenna’s teacher recommendation form.
Submit academic records.
Your child’s academic records/transcript must be sent from your current school directly to our admissions office (address below) or sent electronically to email@example.com. For students enrolling at EMS, their current school must send final transcripts at the end of the current school year.
The Elisabeth Morrow School
Office of Admission
435 Lydecker Street
Englewood, NJ 07631
Arrange a family interview.
Informal and conversational, the family interview allows us to better understand your goals for your child’s education and to answer your questions.
After we have received your application and supporting documents, we will reach out to you to schedule a half-hour virtual appointment. We ask that all parents or legal guardians participate in the family interview.
Participate in a screening.
Once an application is received, your child will be invited to attend an hour-long screening. During this time, children will be engaged in a series of teacher-guided, age-appropriate activities.
The screening allows us to observe your child in a school setting and to get a sense of how your child engages with new adults and peers. It also allows us to see elements of your child’s personality and preferences. We take into account that children may behave or respond atypically while in our learning environment for the first time.
Screenings sessions will be offered at 9 a.m. on the following dates:
- Saturday, Dec. 3, 2022
- Saturday, Jan. 21, 2023
Spaces are limited and by invitation only. Families who are unable to attend a scheduled screening session may be screened individually, by appointment.
Apply for financial aid. (optional)
Admission and tuition assistance decisions are made independently of each other, but the process happens simultaneously. Immediately upon completing the Ravenna application for admission, complete and submit the TADS School Portal Financial Aid Application with supporting documentation listed below:
- Household members’ most recently completed federal tax forms (personal and business-owned)
- W-2s from each job held by household members
- Most recent pay stub from each job held by household members
- Documents that establish the amount of additional monthly or yearly income you currently receive
- Additional documents may be required depending on your family’s circumstances
- Sept. 15 — TADS School Portal financial aid application for the next academic year becomes available.
- Jan. 9 — The financial aid application is due; applications may be filed even if taxes are not complete.
- April 15 — Final prior-year tax forms must be filed with TADS School Portal.
Applications received after the deadline will be considered on an individual basis. Please note that if you don’t receive financial aid in your child’s initial year, you will need to wait two years before applying again as it can be difficult to allocate financial aid in our budget once we have already committed support to families. We will strive to make exceptions in the event of any unforeseen hardships that result in a significant change in a family’s available income or assets.
Financial assistance decisions are awarded upon acceptance.
Review the decision notification in Ravenna.
Decisions will be posted to Ravenna on Tuesday, Feb. 14, 2023.
Families who have received an offer of enrollment must confirm their intent no later than noon on Friday, March 3, 2023. At that time, enrolling families pay a deposit to secure their child’s spot for the coming year.
After our regular decision deadline, we will continue to consider applicants on a rolling basis. Families who apply during the rolling admissions period will be required to reply within two weeks of their acceptance. If you applied for financial aid, you will receive notification of your financial aid award at the time of admission via email.
Admitted families will receive a separate communication from our web-based enrollment partner, TADS, with instructions for completing the enrollment process at The Elisabeth Morrow School.
Families are required to complete both the enrollment and billing contract as well as pay an enrollment deposit by the deadline indicated on their acceptance letter in order to officially enroll.
Not ready to apply yet?
We’d love to answer any questions you have about EMS. Let us know if you’d like us to contact you.
We also invite you to keep exploring: